Sunday, November 21, 2010

15 weeks means I have a baseball in my belly.

If you have noticed to the right of this post, I have a tracker that shows what size the baby is by fruit/veggies. I found a site that shows a "man friendly" equivalent to the size since apparently guys don't know about the fruits & such. So today I am carrying a navel orange, or a baseball :)
I had to bite the bullet and buy some maternity jeans yesterday. I've been having a few issues with my growing body since I've always been a pretty small person in general. After my last pair of jeans became too small, and were thrown across the bedroom while getting ready one day last week, I decided it was probably time to get the ol' elastic top jeans. Surprisingly they aren't as bad as I thought. Any jeans that look normal with a sneaky no zipper/button top are ok by me.
Other than getting bigger, pregnancy is still good so far. Since I'm officially in my second trimester, things should be pretty smooth for the next few months. I have my next appointment in a week, and the one after that I will find out what this little baby is! I. Can't. Wait. I do have a feeling that it's a boy, I'd just like some confirmation so we can start buying more things and decorating his/her room. And I can quit saying "it". It's a baby, not an "it"!
I also can't wait for Thanksgiving. I can almost taste Sharon's dressing, I've been thinking about it so much :) And of course can't wait to see my family, I just mostly think in food these days!
I'm trying to get my Christmas tree put up today. Things take a little longer these days since I am easily winded, so it's up but not decorated. I'm getting an early start since last year we had to move in our house 2 days before Christmas and had no decorated tree. I'm so excited to get to decorate my own house for the first time!
Happy early Thanksgiving!!

1 comment:

  1. A huge CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! to you my dear Katie! You look so gorgeous! I am very excited for you and Caleb! Love ya! Suzy

    ReplyDelete